Want to know the best ring light size for you? Perhaps you want to buy a ring light but don’t know where (or how) to start. You can use different sized lights for different situations and spaces. In this article, we’ll break down all your options on the market and explain what size of ring light is best for each situation!
What Size Ring Light Do You Need?
You may be wondering, what size ring light do I need? Well, the answer depends on the size and type of product you’re using.
If you are photographing small items like jewelry or watches, a smaller LED ring light would probably suffice. The smaller sizes of the LED lights (30W and less) are great for these applications.
And if you’re working in a studio environment with an assistant, then getting a 30W or smaller sized LED light wouldn’t be too much hassle as they are usually lightweight and portable enough to carry around from place to place when needed.
However if you’re working on larger products such as clothing, textiles or other accessories that require more area coverage than just what one person can cover by holding their hand over it – then it would definitely be beneficial for your business’ bottom line if you invested in something bigger like a 50W-100W model which will allow for faster styling times because there’s more output coming off of each individual bulb so it won’t get hot enough to burn anything off but still provide plenty of photons per second (lux) needed for good exposure levels without overexposing any part.”
Right Size Ring Lights For Your Needs
There are a few different sizes of ring lights, and each has its own unique purpose. The size of your ring light will depend on how much you want to spend and what features you want in your lighting setup. Also, keep in mind that some companies make two or three different versions of their rings with different dimensions; so make sure you know which one is right for you before buying!
What is the Best Size Ring Light for Videos?
If you plan on shooting videos with your ring light, it’s best to choose the 18-inch ring light. The size of this particular product is the best for video recording because it provides a more intense and flattering light compared to other sizes.
The reason why it is important that you get an 18-inch ring light is because this size can create a soft, even glow from all angles, which makes your face look great in camera.
If you want to shoot videos using a larger subject or with multiple people involved, then we recommend going for the 2-inch model instead. This size will provide enough intensity without being too overwhelming for your viewers eyesight!
What Size Ring Light Do You Need For Zoom?
If you’re looking for a ring light to use with Zoom meetings, you won’t need anything too big. The smaller the ring light, the easier it will be to move around your desk and position near your camera during Zoom calls.
A good size range is between 10 inches and 12 inches. If you want to see exactly how small these lights are compared to regular task lights, check out this article on when size matters in ring lights!
What Size of Ring Light do you Need for Selfies and Portraits?
For individual portraits, you can use a ring light sized between 14 to 16 inches. There are also many people who prefer a more compact ring light that is easier to carry and store.
But for selfies, there are many ring light clips that can be attached onto your smartphone. These are perfect for selfies and they come in different sizes too!
What Size Ring Light do YouTubers Use?
If you’re a YouTuber or looking to become one, it can be helpful to know what size ring light people in your field use. In this section, we’ll cover some of the most common sizes and talk about why they’re used.
- Smaller is Better: When you think about the size of a ring light, it’s natural to think that bigger is better. That’s not always true, though! The smaller ring lights are often more versatile because they allow for tighter shots and give off less heat than larger models do. This makes them perfect for beauty vloggers or anyone else who wants to get creative with their shots while still looking professional.
- Bigger is Better: If you have more space and have no problem with dealing with some extra heat coming off your camera (or simply don’t mind), then a larger model may be right for you! These types of lights usually come with more features like dimming capability or even built-in LED lighting panels so that when things get dark outside during filming season, there won’t be as much of an issue getting good footage during low-light situations such as sunrise/sunset hours when everything looks brighter but doesn’t actually look as bright inside due to lack of natural brightness from outside sources like sunlight itself being blocked out by clouds overhead….
What Size Ring Light For Streaming?
When it comes to streaming, a ring light with a diameter of 10 inches is the right size for streaming.
A 10 inch ring light will help you look better on camera and make your face pop while you’re talking to your viewers. If a larger ring light is used, it can cause shadows in your eyes, which may not be noticeable to you but will definitely be noticed by viewers.
So if you are looking for the best ring lights for streaming then make sure that the size of your ring light is around 10 inches in diameter.
What Size Ring Light is Best for TikTok?
If you are using TikTok, the size of your ring light matters. If you want to make videos that look professional and beautiful, then go with a medium sized ring light.
For example, I use a 16 inches ring light for my TikTok videos. This size gives me more flexibility when it comes to shooting angles and it also makes sure that my face is well lit even in low-light situations.
What size Ring Light for Product photography?
You will need to decide what size light you want to use for your product photography. It all depends on how big the products are that you are shooting and how many lights you want in your setup.
If the product is small, then the 10 inch ring light is best because it can easily fit into small spaces and get closer to smaller objects.
If the product is larger, then an 18-20 inch ring light would be better because it will allow more room for larger products and lights while still giving you some control over where every part of each light hits in relation to one another.
What Size Ring Light For Makeup?
If you’re looking for a ring light for makeup, the most common size is 14 inches. This is a great size if you’re just starting out with makeup and want to get the most bang for your buck since it will fit on top of any standard light stand.
For more professional use (if you are a makeup artist) I would recommend going with 20 inches. These larger lights make your clients face look more better and make your skin appear flawless!
Does a Ring Light Size Matters?
Ring Lights are not just a fashion statement, they are also a great tool for photography and video. If you have been looking to buy one then it’s time to know the difference between different sizes of Ring Lights.
You can choose from various sizes that range from 8″ to 22″ and they all offer their own benefits depending on your needs. The most common ring light size is the 12″ which is perfect for most videos and photo shoots as well as daily use.
how to Choose Ring Light Size
If you’re still undecided, it’s important to go through the same process as before.
Make a list of all the things you’d like to use your ring light for.
Look up the recommended size for each use case and compare that with how large your budget is (and how much money you think is worth investing).
My recommended Ring Lights According To Sizes
- 10-inch Ring Light
These are great for beginners and those who take on small projects. This size is highly recommended because it can fit easily on your existing table or desk and doesn’t require too much space or money to set up, making it ideal for beginners. Also, if you’re doing small projects, this will give you enough light to work with while not taking up too much space in your room.
- 14-inch Ring Light
This size is perfect if you have a studio setup or want more advanced features such as color temperature control, dimmers and even LED settings. However, keep in mind that this ring light requires more space than the smaller ones above so make sure there’s enough room before buying one! This size also comes with an extension cord so that it can be connected directly into the wall outlet instead of being plugged into an extension cord (although some might prefer this method).
Here I covered some frequently asked question that people are more likely to answered.
Is a 10-inch Ring Light Big?
A 10-inch ring light is not considered big. It is a common size for ring lights and will provide good lighting for most applications.
Is an 18-inch Ring Light Too Big?
No, an 18-inch ring light is not too big. It will provide more light than a smaller light and is great for shooting videos or taking photos.
How Big is a 14 inch Ring Light?
A 14 inch ring light is about the size of a small pizza. It is a circular light that is typically used to light up a person’s face.
Will a Ring Light Make me Look Better on Zoom?
A ring light will not make you look better on zoom. It will, however, make you look better in person. Ring lights are used by photographers and videographers to achieve a well-lit subject with a soft, even light. This is because the light wraps around the subject, creating a more flattering effect.
Are Ring Lights Good for Video Calls?
A ring light can be a great tool for video calling. They help you look more natural, more professional, and more attractive.
- Natural: A ring light creates even lighting across your face, which helps remove shadows that come from harsh overhead lights or poor camera angles. If you’re used to using a regular lamp for video calls, this will make a big difference in how natural your face looks on camera—and it’s one of the reasons why so many makeup artists use them!
- Professional: A ring light also helps eliminate shadows under the eyes while keeping skin looking even and clean—and no one wants to see how tired they look when they’re trying to conduct business! Ring lights are especially useful if you have darker skin tones because they help keep foundation from looking patchy without having to spend an hour blending everything into place beforehand (don’t worry—we’ve got tutorials for that).
- Attractive: One thing about ring lights is that they really help bring out features like cheekbones using flattering spotlights rather than harsh lighting everywhere else in the room (which may cause wrinkles). This can definitely make viewers want own their own personal ones too!
Do Ring Lights Make You Look Better?
Of course Yes. There are two big reasons why ring lights are good for you:
- They make you look better.
- They allow you to show off your face and eyes, which is the most important part of videography and photography.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you need any more help with choosing the right ring light for your needs or want to know more about them, let me know in the comments below!