Ring lights are one of the best tools for making high quality videos and vlogs.
They help you to look better on camera, because they illuminate your face and prevent dark shadows from appearing on it.
They also give you a more professional appearance overall, so that your viewers can focus on what you have to say rather than how tired or sickly looking you seem.
If you’re interested in creating great vlogs or YouTube videos of any kind, then using a ring light is definitely something that should be considered.
When can we not use this ring light?
If you want to use other light sources instead, that’s fine! Ring lights are not the only way to improve your vlogging. But if you’re just looking for a quick and easy solution that won’t cost too much, this could be the right one for you.
The only time it’s not suitable is when it’s too dark in a room for photography or filming. If there’s not enough light coming through windows or doors (or wherever else) then the ring light won’t make much of a difference because there isn’t enough natural illumination either way. And finally, if there aren’t any spaces in which to set up another light source properly then again – don’t bother with this particular method of lighting up your face!
How to use a ring light for vlogging?
- Use a tripod. A good tripod is crucial to getting your ring light in the right position. Use a small-to-medium sized tripod with rubber feet (to keep it from slipping) and a fluid head (that allows you to move the camera smoothly).
- Take a selfie. You’ll want to take selfies with your phone or camera, so that you can see how the light looks on yourself in real time. This will help ensure that you’re positioning it correctly on yourself, making sure there aren’t any shadows or dark spots where they shouldn’t be!
- Place it behind your phone or camera lens when filming portrait videos, just like how we suggest setting up other backdrops/lighting setups here at Filmora HQ! And don’t forget: if using an external microphone or HDMI cable is possible with this ring light setup then definitely do so!
We have tested many ring lights to make the best list for you guys.
We have tested many ring lights to make the best list for you guys. To do this, we did several things:
- We looked at customer reviews and ratings on Amazon, Best Buy and other sites. This helped us see what types of people were buying each product. For example, if a lot of younger people were buying something then that told us it was more likely to be used by beginners and also that there wasn’t a large market for it being for professionals.
- We looked at which products had the most features like battery life, versatility and light quality (color temperature). These are things that will matter to all vloggers especially since battery life matters when shooting outdoors during natural lighting conditions where you can’t plug into an outlet easily! Also having extra accessories like filters is important so your videos look professional when done editing them together later on!
What are the Best Ring Lights For Vlogging?
Here are the top 4 best ring lights for vlogging.
1. APTOYU Ring Light 10:
This ring light features a 10″ extendable tripod stand. With this, you can adjust the height of your ring light to be in just the right position.:
This ring light comes with three dimmable LED selfie circle lights, which help create an even lighting effect on your face and makes your skin look smoother and brighter than ever before! It also comes with an adjustable phone holder so that you can easily find what angle works best for you! The phone holder is compatible with iOS and Android phones.
Choose between three different modes—warm white light (yellow), cool white light (blueish white), or daylight mode—to customize how bright or dimmed your lighting will appear around you while using this product. You can also adjust brightness levels by clicking on any one of these modes as well if they aren’t bright enough for whatever purpose they’re being used for at that particular time. This allows users to see exactly how much power output they need without having too much glare coming off their screen when recording videos online such as YouTube videos/live streams where everyone else watching would have extra lighting nearby anyways but still want some extra contrast against dark backgrounds etcetera so everything looks good from their perspective too regardless of distance from camera lens itself.”
ONE REVIEWER WROTE:
I like the fact that you can adjust the light levels. The mounting bracket for the phone is easy to use. The tripod is convenient and easy to set up. I wouldn’t take this outside, it’s not very sturdy and the plastic would easily break so I use it inside.
- Easy to assemble,
- easy to put in place,
- versatile height,
- great range of colors,
- relatively cheap
- The tripod stand itself can be used as a selfie stick and phone tripod.
- It took a few mins to put it together and to pair with phone.
- The light glitches and sometimes doesn’t work. I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cord multiple times in order to get it back on.
- Not very durable. Fell over every time we would get everyone ready. Phone wasn’t heavy, iPhone XR with no case on it.
2. AIXPI Ring Light 10, With Extendable Tripod Stand:
- 1 x 10″ ring light
- 1 x extended tripod stand
- 1 x hot shoe mount
- 1 x phone clip
This ring light is a good choice if you want a simple and affordable way to add light to your videos. The stand is easy to adjust, and the clamp that attaches the phone holder is sturdy enough that it can hold some of today’s heavier smartphones without issue.
It’s also nice that there are two different brightness settings. The lower setting would be best for vlogging, as it provides a flattering amount of illumination without washing out your face too much or casting harsh shadows on your features (especially if you’re using this in conjunction with another camera). The higher setting would be better for things like makeup tutorials or just general photography work; however, I think most people will find themselves using only one of the two settings depending on their content type — not both at once!
It’Very nice item!! Very sturdy, the light itself is very bright. Has multiple functions and can switch from warm to cool white.s easy to assemble but it does not stay up and your phone keeps spinning around
Great lighting; however, the stand is not well balanced. Falls over easily and repeat loosening of securing screws.
- Easy to use!
- Very bright!
- Very sturdy
- This light is great for travel because it is small and easy to transport.
- No adjustable light models!
- Stand isn’t stable at all so that could be a problem for sometimes.
- Adjusting the height is tricky.
3. TONOR 12″ Large Selfie Ring Light:
This ring light is made of high quality and durable material, with a USB port for charging. It’s portable and convenient to use anytime and anywhere. The lampshade can be rotated 180 degrees horizontally or vertically, which meets your different needs in different lighting conditions. When you are using the ring light, you don’t need to worry about its brightness because it has 3 dimmable lighting modes: white, warm yellow, and warm white. Each mode has 11 adjustable brightness to choose from, so it will meet all your needs in different circumstances!
It is the perfect dimmable daytime lighting to take away all the unflattering shadows! This light is also powerful enough for photo styling on Youtube/Instagram/Twitter/Vlogging etc., even if you want just a few highlights on your face & body there will be no problem at all as well as being able to use it with any smartphone!
- Perfect lighting! anywhere!
- it’s lightweight but very sturdy and super easy to adjust.
- Versatile and affordable lighting source
- and phone tripod in a portable light weight package
- Bluetooth remote control shooter.
- Does not include a DC adapter.
- Ring light itself on the stand is a little shaky. Moves around a bit and you need to screw it in tight to work.
4. Inkeltech Ring Light:
|INTERNAL DIAMETER||12.4 inches /315 mm|
|PRODUCT DIMENSIONS||26.77 x 26.77 x 1.18 inches|
|ITEM WEIGHT||4.4 pounds|
|BATTERIES||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|COLOR TEMPERATURE||From 3000 K to 6000|
|OUTER DIAMETER||20 inches / 455 mm|
WHAT YOU GET?
- 18 in / 46cm LED Ring Light Body ×1
- IR Remote Control ×1
- Selfie Controller ×1
- 20-75 in / 50-190 cm Light Stand
- Phone/Camera holder ×1
- Adapter ×1
- Durable Bag ×1
- Paper Instruction ×1
The Inkeltech Ring Light is a versatile and compact 18″ LED ring light that can be used for a variety of purposes. It’s dimmable, so you can choose the amount of light you need from 3000 K to 6000 K. Additionally, it has a remote control that allows you to change the color temperature and brightness without having to get up from your chair.
This product also comes with a white balance card so that you can calibrate it exactly how you want it in order to create accurate results. The other great thing about this product is that it comes with an adjustable head mount stand, which makes it very convenient if you want to record yourself on camera or use different angles while filming yourself in front of your computer screen (or anything else).
The manufacturer claims that the Inkeltech Ring Light produces natural-looking results because its LED bulbs are arranged in such a way as not to cast shadows or leave any dark spots on your face or body when used at full power level (which is 60 watts). They also claim this ring will produce evenly illuminated images thanks to its large size — 18 inches across — which means there are no dark spots anywhere near where most people would put their hands when holding onto something like this device…
- Excellent heat dissipation and a remote control.
- Easy setup and take down
- Portability is great
- No additional parts needed to make the light mode change,
- The height is adjustable,
- Sturdy – the product is sturdy and will not fall over, the quality of the material is grea
- Light itself is tricky to manipulate using the remote.
- The stand needs to be heavier made.
- If you are looking for a new lighting kit for your vlogging needs, I recommend checking out the Ring light with 53 “Extendable Tripod Stand ,10” Dimmable LED Selfie Circle Lights with Phone Holder .
- This product has been proven by many people who use it every day as their main source of lighting while they’re recording videos on their phones or cameras! Some might think that this is an expensive investment when compared against others out there on Amazon right now (like one made bying light with 53 “Extendable Tripod Stand ,10” Dimmable LED Selfie Circle Lights with Phone Holder . ), but trust me when I say – YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS PURCHASE!!!
We hope that you have enjoyed reading this article and it has helped you in choosing the best ring light for video blogging. We also recommend our readers to visit our website to get more information about other products as well.
The product mentioned in the top of list is a great product and will definitely be a good choice for you too. So, go ahead and place your order for it today!